Where would the world be without the indulgent Salted Caramel craze?!
We've decided to whip up a basic Ice-Cream recipe and send it your way in case you have a moment in the kitchen where you feel like making this deliciousness...
You don't necessarily require and Ice-Cream churn (it does help though).
Here's the recipe:
(Yields 1Litre frozen ice-cream)
- 5 Egg yolks
- 150g Castor sugar
- 1 Litre cream
- 125ml Sprigs Salted Caramel sauce (we sell it)
- Serving suggestion: Crispy Amaretti biscuits crumble on top of the mounds of ice cream (we do sell them)
And now for the Method:
- Separate eggs and whisk the castor sugar and egg yolks until white and creamy
- Pour in your cream, whisk till mixed
- Slowly whisk in the Salted Caramel sauce
- Pour cream liquid into the Ice-cream churn (If you have a churn, 45 mins-1 hour should suffice)
- If you are hand freezing, remove mix from the freezer and mix every 20 minutes
Serve and enjoy with extra dollops of delectable Sprigs Salted Caramel sauce and crispy Amaretti biscuits.