Naturally Fermented foods are becoming the next best thing to keeping your body healthy and strong. They are fantastic because they are all natural, therefore containing no medication or man made substances. Pro-biotics serve the body in a number of ways.
- Support Digestion.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Calms the nervous system.
- Helps the other good gut bacteria to produce very important vitamins and enzymes.
- Increasing your energy
Lacto-fermentation is a method of food preservation that enhances the nutrient content of the food being fermented. The action of the bacteria makes the minerals in cultured foods more readily available to the body.
At Sprigs we offer a variety of fermented foods that you can by and use at home.
- Kimchi- A delicious tangy, chili-laden, salty and sour korean cabbage
- Sauerkraut- Finely shredded raw cabbage, caraway, star anise and black pepper
- Golden Sauerkraut- Finely shredded cabbage, carrot, caraway seeds, turmeric and fennel seeds
- Curtido- A lightly spiced Latin American kraut with shredded cabbage, carrots, onion and origanum
There are also other foods you can eat that help with all of the above.
- Sour dough
- Kombucha ( we do sell )
- Kefir water ( we do sell )
Im sure you are wondering what you could eat these fermented foods with, but thats why we are here. All the fermented foods are delicious tossed in a salad, whether its with a bean salad or a simple raw veggie salad. You could also just have it as a side to your lunch. This might sound a bit wacky but with your breakfast its yummy too! In all honesty you can eat them with anything to add a zing to your meal. With all of this said, you can eat to much fermented foods. Fermented foods replace the bad bacteria with good bacteria. Which sounds great but if you kill off to much of the bad bacteria before your body can get ride of it then you can get a backlog of bad bacteria in your body, therefore making you sick. So everything in moderation to keep your body beautiful balanced and healthy. You will notice a certain glow about your skin once you regularly include these pro-biotics into your diet.