Our deli opened 3 years ago and is now a part of our bustling cafe here in Kloof. We stock a variety of cold meats and cheeses, both local and imported. Everyday we have sandwiches and wraps on order with a selection of these delights.
To tell you a bit more about them...
We proudly stock Col’tempo Salumeria meats. A small family run business based in Durban. Their "focus is on the traditional Italian way of preparing, processing and curing meat. With a clear vision to stay proudly local while applying the centuries-old techniques of how to conserve meat in the Italian way."
- Beef Bresaola: A dry cured free-range beef (italian style with herbs). Aged for about 2 months until the meat turns a beautiful dark red color. Aside from being served up on an antipasto board it pairs very well with cauliflower salad, pumpkin seed pesto and cherry tomatoes.
- Coppa Ham: Dry cured pork neck (up to 6 months), with juniper berries and black pepper, best sliced very thinly. Add this delicate meat to a quiche or tart instead of using bacon or ham.
- Felino salami sticks: A pure pork salami, using coarsly ground meat and spices. Originates from Felino in Italy. It is mildly spiced and aged for a minimum of 4 weeks. Served raw in slices to highlight the grain of the meat.
- Abruzzo salami sticks: A pure pork salami enriched with fennel and paprika with medium to coarse ground meat.
- Chorizo salami Sticks: A fermented, cured and smoked sausage traditionally including paprika or chilli and wine. Serves up beautifully paired with prawns in a delicate pasta dish. Can be cooked or raw.
We do have a variety of other cold meats and cheeses for you to enjoy. Pop in and do a taster with us.