Just In case you didn't already know, Sprigs loves Olives! We can go as far as to say, we are a little olive crazy! We stock a variety of olives from different farms and regions in South Africa. For example, we have Olive and Almond tapenade; Lavender and Garlic Kalamata olives from Chalone; Whole Olives from Morgenster; Olive chutney; Olive and fig jam; Whole Olives from Kloovenburg wine estate in the Swartland; and last but definitely not least we have our house flavoured Olives.
Flavouring our own olives is something we are super passionate about. We've come up with 5 delicious flavours.
- Sicilian Olives - Which are olives marinated with fried Carrots, Onions and Celery. Great to add into a stew for some extra flavour.
- Spicy Marinated Olives - Flavoured with Fennel seeds, Cardamon pods, Mustard seeds, dried Chillies and Curry leaves. Leaving these olives tasting fragrant with a bit of a punch.
- Orange Marinated Olives - With fresh orange peel, Coriander seeds and Bay leaves, these olives are perfect for nearly any salad and are great on a meat and cheese board.
- Sherry Roasted Olives - These tangy olives are created with fresh Lemon peel; Sherry vinegar and dried herbs, then they are roasted to really extract those flavours.
- Sprigs Olives In Brine - The flavour is simple but delicious, a great starting point if you are trying to get your kids to start eating olives. Olives are full of natural fats, so instead of a sweet snack in their lunch box or after school, a few Olives and Almonds would be a great alternative.
So with all these delicious olives to choose from, which one would you choose?