A really fun thing to do with leftover Risotto is to create a great little "party food snack."
It's really simple provided your risotto is a success!
Makes roughly 16 balls
- 4 cups cooked risotto
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 50g cheese (cut into cubes)
- 2 cups oil (for frying)
- 2 cups flour
- Scoop a tablespoon of cooked risotto into the palm of your hand and flatten it out slightly
- Take a cube of cheese and press it into the centre of the rice
- Carefully roll the rice into a neat ball
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and dip the rice ball into the mix
- Next, dip the ball into flour and back into the egg mix
- Finally dip the ball into the breadcrumbs and place into the hot oil until golden brown with a crisp crust
- Serve with a delicious dipping sauce or just as they are
You can use whatever cheese you prefer, a nice mozzarella or soft cheese will give the Risotto ball a lovely oozy centre. A firmer cheese will hold it's shape when fried, I would recommend a Haloumi or Mature White Chedder.
Give it a bash! They really are delicious!!